The mission of the John Hope Franklin-ONEOK-Epsilon Iota Boule Scholarship is to enhance the educational opportunities through scholarship and mentorship, for racial and ethnic minority high school students seeking to attend institutions of higher learning. A particular emphasis will be placed on the cultivation of the yet to be fully realized potential of the racial and ethnic minority student.
We seek to honor the achievements of the scholars in our communities. However, we also want to reach out to those individuals that are “late bloomers”, but are yet on the upward slope of academic discovery.
The following types of scholarships will be awarded:
- For scholars attending four-year colleges or universities.
- Scholars are selected annually & will be awarded $2,500 per year, renewable for three years.
- One Scholar will be financed by Epsilon Iota Boule or Sigma Pi Phi Fraternity.
- For scholars attending Tulsa Community College or two-year institutions.
- Scholars are selected annually & will be awarded $1,000 per year, renewable for one year.
- For scholars attending vocational schools.
- Scholars are selected annually & will be awarded $500 per year, renewable for one year.
In addition to the scholarship, the recipients may also participate in the Sigma Pi Phi Fraternity’s career mentoring program.
Scholarship Eligibility Requirements
The Applicant must be a graduating High School Senior with a cumulative GPA of 3.0. If the Applicant is awarded the scholarship, they must maintain a 3.0 GPA in their respective post-secondary education institution in order to receive the subsequent year’s award.
Applications must be submitted online by April 15, current year. In order to meet the timeline for communication of awards, we cannot make any exceptions to the application due date.
In order for your application to be considered, you must follow all instructions below. Tulsa Community Foundation is not responsible for procuring missing information or documents.
- Complete the Application Form by April 15, current year at 5:00 PM.
Click “register” to create a profile to complete the application. Once logged in, please select “Scholarship Application” to begin your application process. You will have the opportunity to apply for the John Hope Franklin – ONEOK – Epsilon Iota Boule Scholarship, in addition to other scholarship opportunities offered through Tulsa Community Foundation for which you might be eligible. If you have any questions, please contact Jenny Stasinopoulos, Scholarship Program Coordinator at Tulsa Community Foundation, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Attach a copy of your Official Transcript that includes all grades (GPA and Cumulative GPA) from the latest Fall semester. Do not submit your application unless you include your latest Fall semester transcripts. Do not send transcripts separately.
- Upload the Grade Certificate Form and have your counselor complete and mail it to the Tulsa Community Foundation address below by April 15, current year.
- Select someone to complete and mail in a Letter of Recommendation. The sole purpose of the letter of recommendation is to learn about you, the applicant, through someone who knows you and can write a candid, unbiased evaluation of your character and life goals. Please do not ask family members or friends to write your recommendation letter. Ministers, coaches, employers, supervisors, counselors or teachers would be more appropriate for providing sufficient information about you as a person. The letter of recommendation should be sealed in an envelope and returned to Tulsa Community Foundation (postmarked by April 15, current year) at the address below.Tulsa Community Foundation
7030 South Yale Ave.
Tulsa, OK 74136
Please Note: You will not be able to save your application and return to finish at a later time. Please have all items prepared prior to starting the application.